CalPERS is looking to hire a private equity portfolio manager (the listing can be accessed here).
The salary range is $11,666.66 – $17,500.00 monthly.
More information from the listing:
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Evaluate performance of legacy partnerships and co-investments
* Lead investment strategies to monetize investments to include secondary sales and monthly calling efforts
* Attend annual meetings, advisory board meetings and conduct quarterly monitoring calls
* Manage and monitor workload for investment professional in his/her reporting structure
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a closely related field
* Five years of broad and extensive investment management experience for a major financial institution or firm, or government agency, including some experience leading or coordinating professional staff, and review of large and varied investment portfolio
* 3 years experience restructuring investment commitments ( private equity or equity strongly preferred, other private market experience such as real estate would be relevant in a commingled fund environment.)
* 5 years experience managing people
* Previous experience working for pension, foundation or endowment fund
* Previous experience leading and mentoring staff
* Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
* Highly motivated self-starter
CalPERS is the nations largest public pension fund.
Photo by Nathan Stephens via Flickr CC License